Here is my amazing 2 onion burger jam. This stuff rocks, makes your burger experience simple amazing. It’s a combo of two types of sweet onions that are cooked low and slow until they caramelize, then some sugar is added along with fresh Thyme and cream….
Grilled chicken thighs with Thai Peanut Sauce is one of the most interesting and easy ethnic dishes to make. Perfect for entertaining, this sauce brings the WOW factor to simple foods like the skewered chicken, grilled fish or even tofu….
This is a simple green salsa recipe that brings the flavor of the grill or broiler to the dish. I make this salsa each summer and even water bath can it to store for the winter. This is fabulous on scrambled eggs or in burritos….
Easy and delicious vegetarian dish with the added protein punch of black beans. Great summer time burger replacement. Kids love this one too….
A delicious way to serve grilled chicken. This peanut sauce is awesome for chicken or tofu for vegetarians. The sauce is easy to make, healthy and you can freeze it for use in another recipe. …
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
- 2 sliced whole bell peppers
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- ¾ cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons harvest eating house seasoning
- 1 handful fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3 pieces portobello mushroom
- Place all veggies in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper and seasoning mix.
- Grill veggies on grill pan or on gas or charcoal grill until nice grill marks appear.
- Layer grilled veggies with cheese in a stack and stick a toothpick in it. Place in 350 degree oven to roast for 3 minutes.
This simple dish is a great way to use up abundant summertime vegetables. This detailed video, hosted by Chef Keith Snow, demonstrates how-to make this great summertime dish of bell peppers, zucchini and eggplant….
Created By: Chef Keith Snow
Chef Keith Snow demonstrates the proper way to make a perfect seared New York Strip Steak. These are topped with shoe-string sweet potatoes and a homemade steak sauce. Use any sauce you like, these steaks are delicious.
1 New York Strip Steak
2 tbs Pure Olive Oil
kosher salt to taste
black pepper to taste
1 tbs steak rub seasoning
1. Allow steaks to warm up to near room temperature.
2. Coat the steaks on each side with olive oil. Liberally season on each side with the steak rub seasoning (if you don’t have a seasoning like this, use salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne powder, onion powder).
3. Press the seasoning into the steaks with the tines of a fork.
4. Cook the steaks on a grill or cast iron grill top or pan until medium rare (135 degrees F), flipping only once. The seasonings should form a nice crust on each side.
5. Plate up the steaks as Chef Snow does in the video: on a bed of homemade steak sauce, topped with sweet potato pommes frites.
Created By: Keith’s Mother in law
This potato salad is my mother-in-law’s recipe, we call her Omi. This recipe is always the star of any party, picnic or meal it is a part of. Chef Keith Snow demonstrates how to make this German potato salad in this short video.
10 medium Red skin potatoes
1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup Pure or light olive oil
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
1 bunch Fresh minced chives
1. Place the potatoes with skins on in a steamer. Steam until just fork tender. Over cooking at this step will cause you to start over. They can not be too soft.
2. After you determine the potatoes will yield slightly to the fork, turn off the stove and leave lid open a bit and allow to cool under steam source for 1 hour.
3. After the hour is up, peel the skins off and slice potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. some will break, that’s ok.
4. Place in a non-reactive bowl (ceramic is best) then add chives, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Toss well.
5. Let marinade, tossing every 30 minutes at room temperature for 1 hour. (longer if you have time) Enjoy.
Chef’s Note: Omi uses a spice mix called Aromat, by Knorr, it comes in a little yellow spice container. It does add a special flavor but contains MSG so I prefer to omit it. She also uses corn oil in the recipe but I replace with light olive oil.
Created by: Chef Keith Snow
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
Recommended Beverage: Mojito
Mojo Marinade is simple and easy to make. There are as many recipes for this dish as there are islands in the Caribbean. It incorporates garlic, citrus juice and soy sauce to make a wonderfully bright flavor hot off the grill. So in the grilling season don’t forget your Mojo.
2 lbs chicken breast boneless/skinless
4 medium limes juice
2 zest oranges plus juice
4 cloves garlic chopped
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 .Combine all ingredients and add chicken.
2. Marinate unrefrigerated for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
3. Remove chicken from marinade.
4. Grill chicken over medium heat about 5 minutes on each size depending on the size of chicken breasts.
5. Chicken will become very dark in the cooking process due to the high sugarcontent.
6. Adjust grill heat to prevent over caramelizing.
7 .Marinade can be used up to 3 times. [/private]
Created by: Keith Snow
Active Time: 12
Total Time: 12
Recommended Beverage: Corona
This salsa sings with the zip of poblano peppers and the complex flavors of pan roasted corn. Perfect as a bed for grilled fish, chicken or even as a condiment for tacos and burritos.
1 cup onions minced
2 tbs cilantro minced
2 whole limes squeezed of juice
1 large poblano pepper minced
3 cups roasted local sweet corn kernels
1 pinch kosher salt
black pepper to taste
1/2 tsp olive oil
Mix all well, add to large work bowl, enjoy.[/private]